(May 9, 2007)
WHEREAS a Board of Inquiry constituted pursuant to the Medical Act by Council of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of PEI (“Council”) regarding complaints of professional misconduct arising out of the practise of medicine of Dr. Douglas Ian Cameron, has determined that Dr. Douglas Ian Cameron, has committed acts of professional misconduct;
AND WHEREAS the Board of Inquiry has recommended to Council that the licence to practise medicine issued to Dr. Douglas Ian Cameron, be revoked and that he be ordered to pay two fines, each in the amount of $2500.00;
AND WHEREAS the Report of the Board of Inquiry was accepted by Council;
UPON MOTION DULY MADE, SECONDED, AND CARRIED IT WAS RESOLVED THAT:
- The license issued to Dr. Douglas Ian Cameron, be revoked effective immediately, and the Registrar be directed to strike his name from all Registers where it is recorded;
- Dr. Douglas Ian Cameron pay a fine to the College, in the amount of $2500.00 in relation to the professional misconduct of having committed an act of sexual abuse as found by the Board of Inquiry;
- Dr. Douglas Ian Cameron pay a fine to the College in the amount of $2500.00 in relation to the professional misconduct of having failed on two occasions to abide by the conditions of his license as found by the Board of Inquiry;
- that Dr. Douglas Ian Cameron pay a portion of the costs of Council as defined under Section 36 of the Medical Act in the amount of $15,000.00 to be confirmed or varied on taxation by The Prothonotary of the Supreme Court of Prince Edward Island.
- Council shall apply the deposit made by Dr. Douglas Ian Cameron, pursuant to Section 35(5) of the Medical Act to costs taxed and allowed by The Prothonotary of the Supreme Court of Prince Edward Island, and any remainder against the fines imposed.
- Pursuant to Section 38 of the Medical Act an application for the entering of the name of Dr. Douglas Ian Cameron on the Registers of the College and the issuance of a license under the Medical Act shall not be considered for a period of at least 10 years from the date of this Order.
- It is a condition precedent to the entertaining of any application for licensure from Dr. Douglas Ian Cameron, that all conditions imposed on Dr. Douglas Ian Cameron, by Council be fully and completely discharged to the satisfaction of Council, and that all conditions of Section 38 of the Medical Act and the Regulations made under the Act have been met.